New ask Hacker News story: Ask HN: Best books/courses to learn Java core+advanced?

Ask HN: Best books/courses to learn Java core+advanced?
3 by shivajikobardan | 0 comments on Hacker News.
This is my first time teaching. I just graduated in 2020 and have been working as a production support engineer. These are the subjects that I am assigned to teach(each in odd and even semesters) - Java(object oriented concepts+core java+advanced java) This is a 2 semester course Sample contents with reference books here: https://ift.tt/yMOwdS4 - Data Structures and Algorithms(with practical labs in java) This is also a 2 semester courses, this is not "java"ic, but I am going to make them do the labs in java as per the syllabus. I am going through couple of books: - Y. Daniel Liang - Herbert Schildt - Car S. Horstmann, Core Java Volume I and II – Advanced Features, 8th Edition, 2008, Prentice Hall. - Y. Daniel Liang, Introduction to Java Programming, 9th Edition, Comprehensive Version, Pearson/ Prentice Hall. - H. Deitel, P. Deitel. Java How to Program. 7th Edition, 2007, Prentice Hall. Any guidance? This semester, I will be teaching java OOPs/basics, next semester it'll be advanced java then data structures and algorithms in another 2 semesters. PS I feel I myself need to revise my java concepts, so feel free to recommend books/courses to me. I will try my best to do justice to the students who paid tons of money for these classes as this will shape their Software engineering future.

Comments