New ask Hacker News story: Ask HN: Why do Amazon deliveries fail?

Ask HN: Why do Amazon deliveries fail?
4 by LVB | 4 comments on Hacker News.
In recent years, my Amazon orders have been much more likely to be delayed. But in the past few months, I've experienced a worse pattern. Items become "Delayed", then very delayed, then Amazon offers and eventually begs me to cancel the order. I've let this ride for a while and found that the package will just never show up. It will be "delayed" indefinitely, with no progress for weeks. Yet I can cancel the order and immediately reorder the item, and it'll show up the next day. It feels like I'm "rebooting the router" on a logistics flow. I'm interested if anyone has worked to close to Amazon to explain what is going on with stuff getting stuck this way.

Comments