New ask Hacker News story: How to find and validate Cyber Security startup idea?

How to find and validate Cyber Security startup idea?
2 by ssbros | 0 comments on Hacker News.
Hello Community, ! I was previously a full stack developer in a company. I worked there for 3 years and eventually left the company. I took a year gap and in this one year I gathered Cyber Security, Ethical Hacking, PenTesting Skills. I would say I am somewhat good in these skills. I always wanted to start a startup. And currently I have decided to start my startup in cyber security space. I will not be providing services to the companies rather want to develop a product and start selling that product as B2B SaaS. But currently I am not able to gather enough data on which niche should I pursue. There are multiple niches in cybersec : - Cloud Security - Threat Intelligence, Detection - Endpoint Security - Network Security - IAM - Data Security ........... If you see big players in cybersec, some are capturing multiple niches as well. Ideally, I am considering picking a niche. And with enough data, innovate on that niche with my product. I am looking for strong data that shows that "In this niche these businesses are facing these problems which one any industry leader is solving". I have used ChatGPT a lot to gather information, but ChatGPT hallucinates a lot and also it cannot come up with highly niche problem that actual business is facing. So, if you were in this position, what would you do? Any good resource to find the actual problem that business is facing which can be highly niche, but no big players are solving? If you are working in cybersec space and have some industry experience, then probably you have faced some problems that other big business or any service you are using may not have solved properly. If that is then I would be really appreciate if you can mention that. Any other general advice is also welcomed. Let's have a meaningful conversation.

Comments