New ask Hacker News story: Ash HN: What are some good resources on building a relational database?

Ash HN: What are some good resources on building a relational database?
9 by ashwin110 | 3 comments on Hacker News.
I was hoping to build a simple relational database as a side project, focussing mainly on learning how the internals and the algorithms used work, as I never plan to make this a published product of any sort. So far I have the CMU Advanced DB course (https://ift.tt/4ZXISbg) and the Database Internals book. While I'm learning a lot about how databases work, I have no clue how to start writing my own, so I was wondering if there were any resources for building a relational database, I've only found some for KV Stores. Hopefully something less intimidating to get started than having to read SQLite code.

Comments