New ask Hacker News story: Ask HN: How do you organize and store your cables?

Ask HN: How do you organize and store your cables?
6 by dr_kiszonka | 9 comments on Hacker News.
Hi, I have about 200 cables that I want to organize for easy storage and retrieval. They include: - ~60 USB data cables (15 different connector combinations), - ~30 USB charging cables (and USB to the proprietary chargers, like Garmin), - ~20 video cables (HDMI, etc.), - power and ethernet cables, and tons of completely proprietary ones. I am sure many of you have more intimidating collections. How do you manage all that? The easiest solution would be to tie them with velcro and distribute them across 5-10 bins. However, this is not space-efficient, and space is limited for me. Additionally, it doesn't help with retrieval, and I dislike rummaging through bins of USB cables to find the specific combination that I need. Any suggestions?

Comments