New ask Hacker News story: Ask HN: How to deal with tech lead stealing your work?

Ask HN: How to deal with tech lead stealing your work?
3 by throwawayci111 | 1 comments on Hacker News.
This has happened a dozen times in the past six months: I'm assigned a ticket, submit a PR, request review. Keep reminding the team I need a review but only the tech lead actually reviews anything. A few week passes, tech lead submits a PR for a barely related ticket and, instead of cherry-picking my commit, simply copy and paste my code into a new commit that he authors, commits to the main branch without any reviews and closes his ticket. I have to abandon my PR without any reviews and close the ticket saying it was made redundant by the other newer ticket/PR the tech lead worked on. He always likes to work evenings and weekends and always seems unavailable. Which is not a problem for me but making me waste my time and not even get proper credit is making me consider finding a new job (this is not the only weird thing I see here, but don't want to make this a long post). I can't confront him because he works in hero mode 24x7 and the founder loves it. I'll get no sympathy up in the hierarchy. Do you also see this often? Has anyone ever been able to fix this situation?

Comments