New ask Hacker News story: Ask HN: Why are PWA user install stats so hard to find?

Ask HN: Why are PWA user install stats so hard to find?
2 by chr15m | 0 comments on Hacker News.
I want to know how many people install progressive web apps. All of the sources I could find say the same things over and over: - "...market is expected to reach a value of 10.77 billion dollars." - "PWAs cater to over 6.3 billion smartphone users globally." - Dramatic improvements in speed, conversions, retention rate etc. These stats don't tell me how many users and what proportion of users actually add PWAs to their home screen. For companies like Starbucks who have deployed a PWA I'd love to know what proportion of their web traffic ends up installing the PWA, and how it compares to native for example. Does anybody know where I can find this information generally? The closest thing I could find to real data is this: - Apple said PWAs had "very low user adoption" when they recently cancelled (and then un-cancelled) them for EU users. - A Chrome OS blog post where they say "Since the beginning of 2021, desktop PWA installs have grow by 270%" (published early 2022). Thanks!

Comments