New ask Hacker News story: Ask HN: How should I structure my mathematics self-teaching?

Ask HN: How should I structure my mathematics self-teaching?
3 by trwhite | 1 comments on Hacker News.
Recently (~2 months ago) I decided to start self-teaching myself mathematics again, having last formally studied it when I was only 16 (I am 30 now). My goal is to spend a little time doing it every day, not to attain any specific qualification, only to "learn maths". There are lots of online resources, though it's hard to know where to begin or to go. "What interests me" is difficult because I don't really know the answer yet. I have been following some of the GCSE syllabus, effectively re-learning what I studied at school (today it was completing the square), but I'm not sure if I'll find this motivating enough.

Comments