New ask Hacker News story: Ask HN: Would you use an AI that makes calls and sends emails for you?

Ask HN: Would you use an AI that makes calls and sends emails for you?
2 by tikkun | 0 comments on Hacker News.
I'm considering building an AI assistant that can handles research tasks by making calls and sending emails. It would be a virtual research assistant available 24/7. Some potential uses: - Call restaurants to confirm they don't use certain ingredients - Contact experts or influencers in various fields - Email vendors of a specific type for product specs - Call vendors to get updated prices and availability - Find 30 leads for customer development for exploring a new market segment Example: "Find 5 restaurants within 10 miles that don't use these oils in their cooking." AI: "Hi, I'm [AI name], an AI assistant for [user name]. I'm researching restaurants that don't use certain oils. Could you please confirm if you use these oils in your cooking? I'm compiling this information for my boss." My experience: I used to have a research assistant and this type of outreach/call/email research was something they helped with. I don't work with them any more, but I miss getting their help on outreach research projects. I think an AI could many of these tasks in 20 minutes, running multiple queries in parallel. Questions for HN: 1. What time-consuming research tasks do you do manually now? 2. What would make you trust an AI to handle these for you? 3. Have you used a VA/EA/PA before? I think the main challenge is that I don't need to do this kind of research that often. I think certain kinds of users might need it a lot more frequently though. I'm especially interested in hearing from founders, researchers, journalists, and other people who frequently need to gather specific information.

Comments