New ask Hacker News story: I sold my startup, I'm now bored. I'll coach you on scaling sales for free

I sold my startup, I'm now bored. I'll coach you on scaling sales for free
6 by maschera | 0 comments on Hacker News.
I am a Techstars mentor, former Chief Revenue Officer for a tech scale-up (now a unicorn), and most recently, founder of a startup I exited a few months ago. I started that venture from scratch, achieving seven figures in the first nine months with a junior team of three. Overall, I have 20 years of experience in tech sales. Today, I'm searching for my soul and exploring what's next. Call me a recovering founder if you wish. I'm excited to do things I enjoy without focusing on their commercial aspects, instead seeking personal fulfillment. I'll think about money at some point, but it's not a priority right now. So, I'd be happy to coach up to three tech startups, aiming to transfer as much knowledge as possible regarding sales management, revenue operations, and growth (excluding marketing specifics). I'm a good fit if: - Your startup has between 15-80 employees, or if you're bigger than that and still don't have a strong C-Level sales leader in place. The things we discuss will require effort on your part to implement, so you'll need resources. - You're struggling with scaling sales, your sales process is all over the place, you don't understand how to get to the next step. - Your product is tech/SaaS and vertical-specific. - You're not a generic software development company - You're B2B, and you sell to Enterprise or SMEs. - You don't come from a sales background and don't have an experienced VP of Sales on your team. Or maybe you have a sales background, but your approach a bit rusty and you lost touch with modern sales and tools. As much as I'd love to help if you're just starting out, my knowledge isn't an asset for solopreneurs or indie hackers. The reasons why I'm doing this: 1. I'm soul-searching. 2. I'm exploring future new business ideas around sales consulting, and this exercise might give me some inspiration. 3. I want to reconnect with the founder community. 4. I genuinely f*king like it If you're interested, please send me an email to "revenuecoaching@gmail.com" and include the below: A) Company URL B) N. of employees C) ARR range (e.g. $200-500k, $500k-1M, More than $1M) D) A line or two of what you're struggling with (e.g. I'm a tech CEO, I need sales guidance OR I'm a VP Sales but I need support scaling and with revenue ops OR we're an SMB and we feel our sales process is outdated OR I'm a CEO and my VP Sales just quit, etc.) Point C is optional but, again, it will help me assess if I'm relevant to you or not, before we even get on a call. The topics I will advise you on will require resources and investment to translate into practice. If you're making less than $500k a year (or have raised less than $2-5M in VC money), you might find my help irrelevant to your stage. I'll get back to you ASAP if I see a fit. If I don't, I'll let you know why.

Comments