New ask Hacker News story: Tell HN: My Webcam works in Manjaro, not Windows 11

Tell HN: My Webcam works in Manjaro, not Windows 11
3 by 999900000999 | 2 comments on Hacker News.
And I've given up on figuring out why. I just brought a new Asus laptop with a AMD 300 series processor. https://ift.tt/1zMleGn First I tried to move my old windows install, after wasting 5 hours on trying to get things I reinstalled. I ran into a really weird issue where Linux mint tried to install, then said it couldn't because of BitLocker. OK, no problem let me resize the Windows drive. After that , I found it keep erroring out on some weird import_mok_state() error. So I turned off SecureBoot, Linux Mint still refused to install. Alright, Manjaro to the rescue, and for some reason the webcam works while it doesn't in Windows. I actually prefer Linux Mint/Ubuntu , but I'm tried of fighting with the installer. Got NodeJS and VSCode installed so I'm ready for my next interview...

Comments