New ask Hacker News story: Ask HN: AWS CloudWatch Fraud?

Ask HN: AWS CloudWatch Fraud?
3 by uLogMicheal | 3 comments on Hacker News.
Over a year ago I migrated one of my companies away from AWS and deleted all EC2 and Kubernetes instances. I recently noticed that regardless of these cancellations, AWS has consistently billed for "CloudWatch". The service team sent back a bunch of general information about costs and instructions to remove a "Metric Filter" which from my follow-up I can confirm does not exist on my account. The detailed billing shows charges like this across US regions: $0.00 per request - first 1,000,000 requests 239,785 Requests $0.01 per 1,000 metrics requested using GetMetricData API - US West (Northern California) 295,570 Metrics Do others have experience with miscellaneous charges that are impossible to cancel? Any tips for dealing with support on this to get answers beyond copy/paste support articles?

Comments