New ask Hacker News story: How Should I Price a Python Module License for Major Banks?

How Should I Price a Python Module License for Major Banks?
4 by mafellows | 2 comments on Hacker News.
I have an opportunity to license a Python module to several major banking institutions—some of the largest in the world. Typically, we offer this software as a web app, but these banks need a local module to run within their own environments. Here's the situation: - Product: A Python module that performs complex analysis on source code and generates a risk assessment. - Usage: It will be integrated into their CI/CD pipelines, and developers can also run it manually. - User Base: About 50 users per institution, mostly small, specialized teams. - Updates: We'll provide quarterly updates as we continue to develop the tool. I'm trying to figure out how to price this. I don't want to set a price that's either prohibitively expensive or too low, especially since I haven't licensed source code to clients of this scale before. For those with experience in this area: - How did you approach pricing in similar situations? - Are there industry standards or benchmarks for licensing software modules to large banks? - What factors should I consider when negotiating pricing and terms with these institutions? Any insights or advice would be greatly appreciated!

Comments