New ask Hacker News story: Ask HN: How do you structure your password manager and TOTP email accounts?

Ask HN: How do you structure your password manager and TOTP email accounts?
2 by redditor98654 | 1 comments on Hacker News.
Currently the email account I use for my Bitwarden account is the same as the one I use for my Authy account. In addition, password for the Authy account is in the Bitwarden account and 2FA for the Bitwarden account is in that Authy account. This seems like a circular dependency and a disaster waiting to happen. I am thinking this is how I should structure it: Email (E1) for the Bitwarden account (B1). preferably this is a paid email like protonmail/fastmail Email (E2) for the Authy account (A1) that has only B1 TOTP added. preferably this is a paid email like protonmail/fastmail Email (E3) or my critical accounts like banks and other financial institutions preferably this is a paid email like protonmail/fastmail password for this email account as well as the financial accounts are stored in B1 Email (E4) for all other non-critical logins This can be a Google account Password for this email as well as the other accounts are stored in B1 Email (E5) for another Authy Account (A2) to store TOP for all accounts created in E3 and E4 Passwords for E1, E2, B1, A1 and A2 are never stored in any digital medium At most it will be in a physical form at my home How are other people who like to go that extra distance structuring theirs?

Comments