New ask Hacker News story: My first SaaS adventure, don't be gentle
My first SaaS adventure, don't be gentle
2 by frankspinnl | 1 comments on Hacker News.
Hi there! After 10 years freelancing, it was time for something else. I wanted to spend my precious time on building something for myself. I found a co-founder and start building my first SaaS: UptimeMate We did a small announcement in early February, and the interest was great. We received over four hundred sign-ups. Don't know if that is much, but it felt great! But then the covid-19 happened, and priorities shifted. My co-founder and I had to make sure that our families were safe and that we had an income during the crisis. Bills must be paid and UptimeMate is a bootstrapped project, so we had to make a difficult decision to push the launch forward. Now things on the covid-19 front are settling down in our region, we felt that now is a suitable time to give them access to our beta. This is a huge deal for us, and we are scared and excited at the same time. To give people access to our project where we have put all our free time in for the last 6 months. We decided that we have the beta until September 1. Is a 2/3-month period normal for a beta? Or is this to short or to long? Our beta is free for everybody. We introduced an early supporter coupon for people who want to support us and want to upgrade for paid plan. We handout a 50% discount. Smart? Or is this way to cheap? In the coming months we are collecting feedback and building out our marketing page. We hope to launch our version 1 in September. I'm curious what you think and would love to hear your feedback. If you want to take UptimeMate for a free spin? Try it for free -> https://ift.tt/37QnZdE I'm here all day for questions, feedback etc. Cheers and thank you!
2 by frankspinnl | 1 comments on Hacker News.
Hi there! After 10 years freelancing, it was time for something else. I wanted to spend my precious time on building something for myself. I found a co-founder and start building my first SaaS: UptimeMate We did a small announcement in early February, and the interest was great. We received over four hundred sign-ups. Don't know if that is much, but it felt great! But then the covid-19 happened, and priorities shifted. My co-founder and I had to make sure that our families were safe and that we had an income during the crisis. Bills must be paid and UptimeMate is a bootstrapped project, so we had to make a difficult decision to push the launch forward. Now things on the covid-19 front are settling down in our region, we felt that now is a suitable time to give them access to our beta. This is a huge deal for us, and we are scared and excited at the same time. To give people access to our project where we have put all our free time in for the last 6 months. We decided that we have the beta until September 1. Is a 2/3-month period normal for a beta? Or is this to short or to long? Our beta is free for everybody. We introduced an early supporter coupon for people who want to support us and want to upgrade for paid plan. We handout a 50% discount. Smart? Or is this way to cheap? In the coming months we are collecting feedback and building out our marketing page. We hope to launch our version 1 in September. I'm curious what you think and would love to hear your feedback. If you want to take UptimeMate for a free spin? Try it for free -> https://ift.tt/37QnZdE I'm here all day for questions, feedback etc. Cheers and thank you!
Comments
Post a Comment