New ask Hacker News story: Ask HN: What OR Are there some multiple perspective books in mathematics?

Ask HN: What OR Are there some multiple perspective books in mathematics?
5 by davehcker | 1 comments on Hacker News.
There are so many mathematical ideas that can be interpreted in multiple ways/ can be used to explain many things with the same theory. For instance, addition in Galois Field of order 2 is same as binary XOR, or that irreducible polynomials exhibit prime number like properties, etc. I'm sure that there is a general process of consolidation and generalization to come up with better i.e. a more inclusive theory. I am curious if there are books of this kind in mathematics that try to explain to the reader the same concept from different angles? I am mostly interested in Algebra, but I'll appreciate pretty much any suggestion. >>> From his quote "You don't understand anything until you learn it more than one way", I am guessing that Minsky might have experienced a similar thing.

Comments