New ask Hacker News story: Ask HN: How do you organise and de-duplicate photos from old storage?
Ask HN: How do you organise and de-duplicate photos from old storage?
2 by mothsonasloth | 1 comments on Hacker News.
I have reached a point in my life where I have 7 HDDs (ranging from 60GB to 500GB) filled with family photos and other stuff. They have been gathering dust in my "bits and junk box". I have started copying them over to a newer 2TB external HDD. The problem is that there is definitely duplication and junk files coming through (MacOS hidden files, thumbnails generated by image software etc.) Any advice how to decant all these photos, videos and other media to one storage location? I tried copying over and then running dupeGuru. However it didn't seem to be smart enough to tell the difference between a live version of a song, versus the same studio recording. Therefore I wasn't confident in its de-duplication capabilities. So HN, how do you go about solving this problem?
2 by mothsonasloth | 1 comments on Hacker News.
I have reached a point in my life where I have 7 HDDs (ranging from 60GB to 500GB) filled with family photos and other stuff. They have been gathering dust in my "bits and junk box". I have started copying them over to a newer 2TB external HDD. The problem is that there is definitely duplication and junk files coming through (MacOS hidden files, thumbnails generated by image software etc.) Any advice how to decant all these photos, videos and other media to one storage location? I tried copying over and then running dupeGuru. However it didn't seem to be smart enough to tell the difference between a live version of a song, versus the same studio recording. Therefore I wasn't confident in its de-duplication capabilities. So HN, how do you go about solving this problem?
Comments
Post a Comment