New ask Hacker News story: Ask HN: My first job is SEO manipulation, Is it ethical?

Ask HN: My first job is SEO manipulation, Is it ethical?
5 by ethicsthrowaway | 2 comments on Hacker News.
(Sorry for bad English. Not my first language.) I had just began work at my first job after finishing university studies. About 1 year back, my first task was to hide negative results about an Israeli start-up that had bad news articles about their business stealing code from competitors. It was never wright with me but it was my first job and I followed instructions of the lead who I was working on this client task with. After a weeks of work, we showed the results to client and the news stories were not appearing in the first pages of Google any more longer. I am stuck on visa and finding jobs is challenging. I have now completed multiple projects of this type of work. I just want to check what does everyone on HN think of this? Is this considered wrong?

Comments