New ask Hacker News story: Is Anyone Else Just Done?
Is Anyone Else Just Done?
5 by throwask12345 | 1 comments on Hacker News.
I've been in tech for like 20 years. I've started a couple of companies, I've worked for way more. And... I'm done. I mean completely burned out, hating on the industry, and really just wondering what I can do with my life. I'm not with the mock-woke companies that lie to themselves. I'm done with the frat-boy companies. I'm done with people changing the world by making XYZ obsolete, or disrupting ABC. I'm done with companies pretending to do good or well, while in reality just being rent-seeking behemoths. I'm sick of watching our brightest pollute the world with ad tech. I'm just done. Does anyone else feel this? Did you get out? What do you do now, and how do you reconcile the sheer difference in dollars?
5 by throwask12345 | 1 comments on Hacker News.
I've been in tech for like 20 years. I've started a couple of companies, I've worked for way more. And... I'm done. I mean completely burned out, hating on the industry, and really just wondering what I can do with my life. I'm not with the mock-woke companies that lie to themselves. I'm done with the frat-boy companies. I'm done with people changing the world by making XYZ obsolete, or disrupting ABC. I'm done with companies pretending to do good or well, while in reality just being rent-seeking behemoths. I'm sick of watching our brightest pollute the world with ad tech. I'm just done. Does anyone else feel this? Did you get out? What do you do now, and how do you reconcile the sheer difference in dollars?
Comments
Post a Comment