New ask Hacker News story: Ask HN: How to get started with 5G as a software developer
Ask HN: How to get started with 5G as a software developer
5 by the_only_law | 1 comments on Hacker News.
I’ve always been interested in broadband networks, mobile telephony, WAN networks, etc. and I’m playing around a good bit with some older obsolete technologies (as the equipment is at least remotely affordable) writing software stacks, putting together networks, etc. It seems that all new work in that domain in in next generation mobile networks, primarily 5G and perhaps a little bit of 6G. How as a developer can I start getting involved in this. I know there are some open source platforms, but I’m curious of what type of hardware I need. I have some SDR’s that would cover maybe a small bit of the lower end of the spectrum, but I imagine much higher and I’m looking at unaffordable professional radios. Any good books recommendations, etc.
5 by the_only_law | 1 comments on Hacker News.
I’ve always been interested in broadband networks, mobile telephony, WAN networks, etc. and I’m playing around a good bit with some older obsolete technologies (as the equipment is at least remotely affordable) writing software stacks, putting together networks, etc. It seems that all new work in that domain in in next generation mobile networks, primarily 5G and perhaps a little bit of 6G. How as a developer can I start getting involved in this. I know there are some open source platforms, but I’m curious of what type of hardware I need. I have some SDR’s that would cover maybe a small bit of the lower end of the spectrum, but I imagine much higher and I’m looking at unaffordable professional radios. Any good books recommendations, etc.
Comments
Post a Comment