New ask Hacker News story: Ask HN: What are examples of British Web Innovations?

Ask HN: What are examples of British Web Innovations?
4 by typeengineering | 0 comments on Hacker News.
Hello all. GB has the second largest number of Software Engineers in Europe, after Germany. I'm doing some research, so could you please comment on what British software products (libraries, frameworks, engines) for building the web do you know, and people behind them? For example, for Node I think substack and TJ Holowaychuk (although he's not noding anymore) are British. Yet I don't know of any British innovation - elastic search, mongo, react, reducers, node, name anything -- doesn't come from the UK. You can include non-web software too but please indicate so (e.g., Arm was founded in Cambridge). What are your thoughts on why there isn't much British innovation in the field, especially considering there are such Universities as Cambridge and Oxford? Thank you.

Comments