New ask Hacker News story: Ask HN: Am I crazy to take a career break?
Ask HN: Am I crazy to take a career break?
2 by emthrowaway123 | 3 comments on Hacker News.
I started a new gig ~6mo ago and I'm basically getting bullied out by people below/beside me. I'm not happy with how my manager or the execs have handled it and while it's technically resolved, I don't want to stay in an org that allows such behavior. I going to trash about 400k in equity to leave and that's acceptable to me (nothing is vested), but with hiring and salaries being crazy right now, is it insane to take a 6mo-1yr career break? I have savings, but I've only been making 150k for the last few years and I'm worried the opportunity cost here is too high to ignore.
2 by emthrowaway123 | 3 comments on Hacker News.
I started a new gig ~6mo ago and I'm basically getting bullied out by people below/beside me. I'm not happy with how my manager or the execs have handled it and while it's technically resolved, I don't want to stay in an org that allows such behavior. I going to trash about 400k in equity to leave and that's acceptable to me (nothing is vested), but with hiring and salaries being crazy right now, is it insane to take a 6mo-1yr career break? I have savings, but I've only been making 150k for the last few years and I'm worried the opportunity cost here is too high to ignore.
Comments
Post a Comment