New ask Hacker News story: Ask HN: How to discourage use of code by totalitarians, militarists or fascists?
Ask HN: How to discourage use of code by totalitarians, militarists or fascists?
3 by freemint | 5 comments on Hacker News.
I know this could be accomplished using a license, however impossing additional restrictions raises issues with compatibility, hesitancy to use the software and finally makes the resulting license not free or not opensource. So I am looking for alternatives to a license based solutions, as they fail to be practical. Do you have any ideas (or examples of something like this being done) how to discourage the use of code i own for military, collonialist, statist, ... purposes? Edit: I currently live in a sufficiently free country with a functioning state and I don't suspect that such interest are going to knock on my door soon.
3 by freemint | 5 comments on Hacker News.
I know this could be accomplished using a license, however impossing additional restrictions raises issues with compatibility, hesitancy to use the software and finally makes the resulting license not free or not opensource. So I am looking for alternatives to a license based solutions, as they fail to be practical. Do you have any ideas (or examples of something like this being done) how to discourage the use of code i own for military, collonialist, statist, ... purposes? Edit: I currently live in a sufficiently free country with a functioning state and I don't suspect that such interest are going to knock on my door soon.
Comments
Post a Comment