New ask Hacker News story: Ask HN: Should I use a professional alias?
Ask HN: Should I use a professional alias?
3 by DangerDan | 2 comments on Hacker News.
I'm trying to restart my life in my 30s as a software developer, and feel inhibited when it comes to setting up a bold public profile that would help me stand out as a pro. My name is unique so it would be impossible to keep my professional life separate from my private life without using a professional alias. Would it be a good idea to start using a professional alias? Is it likely to cause me any problems down the line? Could I use my alias on my resume instead of my real name? Would anyone involved in hiring react negatively to finding out I use an alias? Any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks for your attention.
3 by DangerDan | 2 comments on Hacker News.
I'm trying to restart my life in my 30s as a software developer, and feel inhibited when it comes to setting up a bold public profile that would help me stand out as a pro. My name is unique so it would be impossible to keep my professional life separate from my private life without using a professional alias. Would it be a good idea to start using a professional alias? Is it likely to cause me any problems down the line? Could I use my alias on my resume instead of my real name? Would anyone involved in hiring react negatively to finding out I use an alias? Any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks for your attention.
Comments
Post a Comment