New ask Hacker News story: How can an English teacher transition into web-development?

How can an English teacher transition into web-development?
3 by aaron5 | 2 comments on Hacker News.
Hello, I'm Aaron. I hold a BS in ChemE, but my day-job is teaching English in China - I think I do a good job. Also I write fiction at my website. For several years, I've made little projects on the web, mostly in PHP and JavaScript, for example: a game where people "invest" in subreddits like stocks [1], a reddit-like-commenting system [2], my own website [3], etc. How could I transition to a remote web-developer job most effectively? Coding boot-camp? Crank through job-boards and applications? Go through an online MS in CS? My coding is not strong, but I can get stuff to work in PHP and JavaScript, and I can use web APIs fairly well. I'm lacking in skill and knowledge, but I hope to remedy that. So, if you have a suggestion for how I might most effectively improve and hopefully even be remunerated, I'd be grateful to hear your thoughts. Thank you. [1] paaronmitchell.com/karmakarma [2] github.com/aaron5m/rlc [3] paaronmitchell.com

Comments