New ask Hacker News story: Ask HN: Is it ok to reject a job because I don’t like their software?

Ask HN: Is it ok to reject a job because I don’t like their software?
30 by dijit | 58 comments on Hacker News.
Short of it: I’m not talking about the software I would write or produce, I’m talking about communication software. I recently did some phone screens with another company in my industry, my industry is dominated by Microsoft products (mostly windows based software) but I have always had a seriously hard time digesting Teams. It makes me bitterly angry when I work with it, the way pop ups work, the way things are (dis)organised, even the way copy/paste doesn’t seem to work the majority of the time. I said on hacker news recently that I don’t think I can work with that software again, but a potential job offer that appears otherwise interesting had an interview conducted by teams. Is it ok to send feedback that I don’t really want to work with that software? Is that extremely petty and spoiled?

Comments