New ask Hacker News story: Ask HN: Do you also only read HN headlines and user comments?

Ask HN: Do you also only read HN headlines and user comments?
13 by herodoturtle | 3 comments on Hacker News.
My usage of HN is guided by my desire to keep up with relevant news whilst minimising procrastination. I typically only read HN’s front page headlines (on occasion perusing page 2 when time allows, such as when I’m on a comfort break). Headlines that pique my interest lure me in to the HN users’ comments, where I often learn something. I seldom read the linked articles. But when I do, it’s usually because the comments demanded it of me. I find this allows me to strike just the right balance between learning and efficiency. In my case, being an employer and a dad leaves me little time for exploratory rabbit holes of knowledge! So thank you, commenters, for giving us of your time, and your wisdom. And to the lurkers, thank you for your votes!

Comments