New ask Hacker News story: I found a correlation between chess rating and depression

I found a correlation between chess rating and depression
3 by Akcium | 1 comments on Hacker News.
I'm not sure if I'm totally correct but that's a fun fact. I suffer from mood ups and downs, and but everyday (usually when I eat) I play blitz. The thing is that the rating that I have, quite a lot depends on my mood. Which is maybe obvious, but I can see it on this chart: https://ift.tt/SfTr7VH By this chart it's possible to understand my mood, concentration, cognitive things and all that. When the rating swing in a range +- 50 it's okay, but when you loose 200 points it's usually due to something wrong with you. For me it's certainly depression. That's it, just a random fact that probably true. Probably not. Not scientific. But recently I coulnd't get from 1730 to my previous 1900+ for weeks, loosing all the time

Comments