New ask Hacker News story: Ask HN: I have 24 core server with 1TB of DDR4 RAM, what should I run?

Ask HN: I have 24 core server with 1TB of DDR4 RAM, what should I run?
2 by pajeets | 4 comments on Hacker News.
First time I'm doing colocation and as experiment I picked up a 1TB DDR4 RAM server with 24 cores (around 2.2ghz each) What should I do now? What stuff should I run? I have a hello world Flask app running but obviously its not enough to use the full potential. I'm thinking of running KVM and selling a few VDS to friends or companies. Also thought of running thousands of Selenium browser tests but I do this maybe once a year, not enough to fully utilize the server 24/7 Help! I might have gone overboard with server capacity, I will never have to pay for AWS again, I can literally run every single project, APIs, database I want and still have space left over.

Comments