New ask Hacker News story: Ask HN: Is there a higher rate of male to female transitioning among uber geeks?

Ask HN: Is there a higher rate of male to female transitioning among uber geeks?
4 by vfclists | 2 comments on Hacker News.
In the last few years I've noticed sexual transitioning by some of the leaders in open source projects I have an interest in. I don't know whether I notice it because I have an interest in the same field as the transitioners, or there is a confirmed higher rate of transition among such personality types. Has that always been the case (ie the rate of the inclination to transition), and is only now more noticeable because it is easier now and carries less social stigma? I remember reading a novel years back featuring computer programmers where the top programmer was very flamboyant in their self-expression as a woman, and wonder if it is something that has been previously noted but only now more evident because of changed social attitudes.

Comments