New ask Hacker News story: Ask HN: React Native or Flutter when the back end is Node?

Ask HN: React Native or Flutter when the back end is Node?
4 by rearview | 8 comments on Hacker News.
Really confused between React Native and Flutter. I’ve mostly worked with Flutter and a little bit with React Native, but that was quite a while back, so I’m not sure how things stand today. I’m building a project with a Node.js + tRPC backend, so React Native is looking really tempting cause of that Typescript. While researching I've seen mixed reviews about performance in React Native like people saying they've spend weeks finding and managing performance issue which does makes me worry. The app I wanna build doesn't have complex canvas work or crazy animations. For a typical production app, what’s the performance situation with React Native vs Flutter now? Are there any major concerns which I should know before looking in React Native?

Comments