New ask Hacker News story: Ask HN: Who's still keeping a DOS machine up because the business depends on it?
Ask HN: Who's still keeping a DOS machine up because the business depends on it?
5 by mlaux | 0 comments on Hacker News.
Do you currently work with or know anyone who is still using: * dBase/Clipper/CLARION/Paradox/other DOS RAD environments on period hardware to run business processes? * CNC mills/spectrometers/microscopes/other industrial instruments controlled by ISA cards (either bespoke or standards like GPIB)? * Anything with a parallel port dongle? If so, I'd be very interested in hearing your experience here, or feel free to send me an email at the address in my profile. I'm not trying to sell anything, just doing some research for an idea around keeping these going on modern hardware.
5 by mlaux | 0 comments on Hacker News.
Do you currently work with or know anyone who is still using: * dBase/Clipper/CLARION/Paradox/other DOS RAD environments on period hardware to run business processes? * CNC mills/spectrometers/microscopes/other industrial instruments controlled by ISA cards (either bespoke or standards like GPIB)? * Anything with a parallel port dongle? If so, I'd be very interested in hearing your experience here, or feel free to send me an email at the address in my profile. I'm not trying to sell anything, just doing some research for an idea around keeping these going on modern hardware.
Comments
Post a Comment